Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkish Delight

I was invited out last night by a friend of mine for a Christmas meal. He told me to meet him at Antonella's over on Dundas Street and Kipling area. This was a Turkish restaurant. Many of the guests were Turkish and we had an amazing time. It was fascinating to hear about life in Istanbul and how a trek across town takes all day in a city of 19 million people. These Turkish people were a delight! excuse the pun. They left Turkey seeking a more tolerant way of life. Turkey sure sounds like a nice place, but they say that socially, there is quite a class system and there is great discrimination. I listened to their storiers of triumph as they came here with very little and have succesfully worked their way into our social fabric. They had beautiful children which they had great hopes and aspirations for. They were sending their kids to french immersion. I heard the stories of life in a strange place with nothing but hopes and dreams. I was so proud to be Canadian last night. Canada truly is a magnificent place, and we need to be proud of our tolerance towards others. I love big happy families and I know in my heart that our world could be one big happy family if we would only want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!