Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Spirit Rock Lake - Next Year



I like to take photographs when I am out and about. I love downloading them and then I use them as screensavers. Last night, this picture came up and it reminded me of my fall sojourn to the Old Growth in Temagami. Since I have an overactive imagination, I have already planned my next trip and returned! Well..only in my mind.

Seriously, next year I am going to go for 4 days. I am going to bring nothing but my sketch pad and utensils, my fishing rod so I can eat, and my sleeping bag and plastic bag so that I can live in elligence. I am planning 3 subtrips. I want to spend the day with the three sisters reading, snoozing, dreaming and drawing. I want to spend a day at Spirit Rock, again just relaxing, drawing and taking in the magnificence. I want to spend a day and canoe up the Wakimika River. I will also spend a day at camp. I'll probably make camp at the ceremony site and do day excursions. I want to pack very very lightly and inconvenience myself a bit.

My thought was that I would do this trip alone. There is something really special about being alone in a remote place. However, this is such a magnificent place, if there ends up being someone who wants top tag along, I'd probably enjoy that too. My wife seemd insulted that I didnt invite her until she heard my plans.

Seems that not everyone shares my idea of a good time!

joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!