Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last Day of the Year

I'm heading off to work with a few thoughts on my mind........namely...so whats with 2009? Was it a good year, bad year. Did I learn anything or see anything of lasting value? Were there life changes, good or bad?

Despite the horrible downturn in income, we have been learning about doing with less......and its OK. The state of the ecomony wont be a lasting negative to me, for it has brought much goodness out.

This was the year that my religious ideas morphed. While I remain a lover of Christ, I have gravitated to a universal God appraoch, in which ALL of creation, ALL people groups regardless of cultural religious beliefs, ALL animals, plants, trees, ALL creation, animate inanimate.... ALL are guided by spirit (God)

When I took a fresh appraoch to my beleif system, and used the Anishinaabe beleif system and teachings as my new guide, I came to the same place of faith. I saw the same God. I understood creation in a differant way. I found a personal God honouring way. I then compared my fresh look at what I knew. Not what the words said, but what the personal results were. I arrived at the same place with a differant view. I praised God and added this new found wisdom to my being and then sought more.

I then met Wahe Guru and learned about my Sikh brothers and sisters. Again, I went with a fresh appraoch and found my God there. I spilled my tears of repentance on the floor at the Gardwara when I realized just how big and gracious my God is. My Sikh brothers and sisters have taught me much about love, joy, responsibility to truth, family, faith. That is when I truly realized the error or shortness of my ways.

I then learned about a cosmology or another understanding and appraoach to God. I learned about the concept of Sovereign Integral and worked through the process in my mind and being. I have seen the fruits of such a faith, though I still have a philosophical issue, seing myself as a servent vs a master. I do however live by the three tenants of the Sovereing integral. I beleive in Greatfullness and all expressions of gratitude. I beleive in unity of all things and I also beleive in nurturance. If these three tenants would be practiced by all of creation, then we would certainly have a better world and much better people.

So then I went to a chapters bookstore and armed with a coffee, I stood and read the Koran. I reflected on some of my Muslim brothers and sisters, their behaviours, their struggles. I read the God honouring words and felt a certain peace. I love my Muslim brothers and sisters and someday we will truly unite. There is still a strong cultural boundary between us, which is too bad. When the boundary is lifted, we will see their true beauty.

So I decided after all this to STOP the search. Everywhere I looked, I found my God. So I turn back now and embrace my first love, Jesus Christ. I do this however, with a greater understanding of the one who has all power and knowledge. I beleive I have the power now to love ALL of creation, regardless of culture and beleif system. Some know Christ, some do not....YET. When we all come together as one, we will all know ALL.

The box that I carried God in exploded into pieces this year. I stand in awe.

Anyway, I said more than I intended as ramblings often do. If I dont get back to my terminal I want to wish you all a happy, peaceful and reflective 2010. My prayer is that you not be offended by what I say, but that you would use my ideas and thoughts to find your own path home to God. As a friend told me, you must start that journey from within, for that is where Gods precious seed can be found.

You are beautiful and whole and you have purpose.

blessings to you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!