Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, February 11, 2010

Painting

Well I have been painting walls and rooms. I had to cover over the beautiful yellow/green neon with purple trim in my dughters room and replace it with...hohum...antique white. (real estate agent orders) My daughter and I talked about how I was becoming "institutional". I agree with her. Give me the neon and purple any day!

Hey now that I have put away my "woodland art" paint gear for a bit, I was asked to do a commssion piece! Unbelievable to me. This particular gentleman saw the three piece "thinderbird encouragers" in my office and asked for a small piece done in this Woodland tradition. He told me about the time, many years ago, when he ALMOST bought a Daphne Odjig. When I told him how much one of her originals fetched at auction he just about had a fit. At any rate, I aint no Daphne, but I will paint with my heart and passion. When I asked him about specifics, he pointed to my Jacobson piece and said, I dunno, something joyful like that. Well I aint no Jacobson, BUT AGAIN, I will paint from my heart and that is probably the best I could do.

peace be the journey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!