Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Stuff

I was always taught...dont use the word "stuff"! The only problem is, I enjoy using the word "stuff"! I enjoy how low class and non descript the word is. I enjoy labelling things of huge importance "stuff". I enjoy labelling file folders "stuff". I am sure I have named more than one post..."stuff". Well anyways, heres some more "stuff".

I challenged myself when I made a bold statement that even if we threw away all the holy books and disposed of all the teachers.......we could still know God. I've been running that one through my head and now I have a headache!

I also got to thinking about how I pontificate and sermonize. I recon, (another word I enjoy but really should never be used) since its my sandbox, I get to say whatever I want, yet when I beak-off (oops..another one) about truth and spirit and life..........who do I represent? I want to beleive that I represent these things, but do I?

So lets just say I appear to go off the deep end and climb a really really big tree. Lets say I start talking all sorts of "religious" nonsense or crazy ideas. Or lets say that I convince many people to see "my" point of view. Lets say I am a brilliant orator and a great apologist (which I most certainly am not!) or even a brilliant Sophist and I convince people, which evolkes change in their lives. So then after gathering a mass of changed people around my thought, what if I changed my mind? What if I realized that the path I went down was actually wrong, or what if I then had a "New Revelation" that was differant from the older New Revelation. Sometimes I feel like a prophet and sometimes a fool.

I know this sounds like just a bunch of stuff , but its the kinda stuff that flows through my head.

peace be your journey,
don

2 comments:

  1. What if you had a thought, people followed you down that path and then you realized it was wrong but decided (on purpose) not reveal that your original thought was wrong and the New Revelation to those around you?

    RR

    ReplyDelete
  2. RR...you cut through the "stuff" to the heart of the matter. Hats off! I wonder how many times in history this has happened? AND....how long before the real truth is known?

    Thanks for joining the mind exercise.
    don

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!