Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, July 17, 2010

Homeless Part Two

So here I sit, looking at my loaded uhaul and my packed van. I would rather they were empty in my new house. Now that the weekend is upon us, all professional services are off for the weekend. At last word they said...We,ll try again on monday.

There is a new law that came into effect which states that anyone using professional services must show 2 valid pieces of ID. This is law and the lawyer is not allowed to do a transaction without the appropriate identification. As it turns out, the husband of the lady who bought the property does NOT have 2 pieces of valid ID. He has only one.

As a result, money that was to be transfered to me has not happened. This money is required for my transaction. There are many poeple affected by this like a domino or chain reaction. It just so happens that Sue and I will bear the brunt of it. My buyers have a home already and this was to be a second home. The people I bought from already moved months ago. My house new house sits empty, while my uhaul, van, plans sit in limbo. It really sucks...I mean really.

The lawyer said that we were taking this amazingly calm. I thought for a moment and then said....We want to become a part of the community and we dont want to begin this journey in anger. The real estate agent offered to pay for a hotel, but frankly that would suck as we would rather stay at our buddies house.

Sue and I decided that today we would go and take a strole old downtown and check out the shops. I stumbled upon Dons Butcher Shop yesterday and now will likely buy my meat there. There is a garden market that operates during the summer in the square. There is an art gallery that I'd like to check out.
Old downtown is close to the public boat launch. I am looking for a way for us to get grocery shopping done by boat. Most of the grocery stores are at the far end of town requiring a car. We went to Giant Tiger discount store yesterday and bought some cleaning supplies and I bought a shirt and pair of shorts.

As disappointed and upset and angry as we are, its really quite peaceful and happy here. We decided that there was nothing we could do to prevent or fix the situation. We also decided that there is no use being unhappy as it just makes us unhappy. I think I will go to Don,s Butcher Shop and buy us a steak for the BBQ. Perhaps a bottle of wine and some veggie skewers....oh and I need to go and extend my uhaul rental  uhaul for another couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!