Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, July 10, 2010

Real Authentic Man-Eating Chicken!


I have found that the more adjectives that are used to describe something, the less likely they are to be true. In this world of ours, full of snake oil salesmen and carnival barkers, fancy adjectives are used to merely sell product. I have begun to find that everything is a lie, and, most especially when you are told "this is no lie"! Every thing from the half empty chip bag, to the half a box of frozen ribs I bought last week.

The item that says "quality" was actually made in a sweatshop in China. The item that says "new great taste" actually had wholesome ingredients removed, and inferior ingredients added. That beautiful orange tree that you just bought from the glossy catalog arrived at your door and with eager anticipation you open the big box to find lots of packaging and one single "orange" seed. That and 20 more years of hope with get you..........a grapefruit.

I watch ebay and see the words authentic.....real.......true.......been in the family for a long time..........estate piece........actual. Its not very good marketing to say......inauthentic.....untrue....fake....been in the family for a week and liers, cheaters and theives know this.

Yes, I  have found that the poorer the quality of the goods, the more adjectives that are required to make it sound better. These adjectives usually have no bearing on truth. They are merely words used to convince someone. It makes me sick really, because we get fooled by it daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!