Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, August 19, 2010

Call of the Wild - The Loon



This is one of my favourite sounds. I have been blessed to hear and see this magnificent bird on many occasions. The Loon represents for me, unspoiled land. You dont see loons marching down Yonge Street....heck you dont even see them on Rue Main in Sturgeon Falls.....but if you are lucky and up early enough, you can hear them over at Chemin Levert where I live. The first night we slept in our new home, we were awakened by this glorious call. I have since found that there is a small secluded lake about a half mile into the bush from here. That is where they live. If you have done any canoeing in Algonquin, then I am sure you were blessed by the Loons call as well. The loon......magical. mystical, and awe inspiring.....May you live forever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!