Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, August 16, 2010

Fishing off my Dock and Other Mundane things

I have a nice little routine happening. I head down to my dock to fish every morning. I like to sit out there with my morning coffee. I usually hang out at the dock until 8:15ish and then I head to work. The fishing has been excellent overall. You never really know what you are going to catch. Here are the types of fish that I have caught. Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass, Pickeral and Perch, Pike, Redhorse and White Sucker, Rock Bass and Sunfish. oh and Brown Bullhead Catfish, and on a quiet night you can here them meow....just joking....they are quiet because they dont want the dogfish to hear them.

My neighbour picked me up on his pontoon boat and took me for a little tour of the river. We went to a set of rapids where there is a magnificent swimming hole.

We stop at the reserve tonight for a Pickeral dinner...OMG!!!!! was it ever good. I highly recommend the pickeral dinner over at Jocko Point. I am told that the dinners over at Garden Village are even better...I guess we will see.

The old men at the shell station and 24 hour bus station laugh at me when I go for worms at 6am. Its the same group of retired guys. They meet for morning coffee and make fun with people like me...good bunch.

I went for an evening ATV run with a buddy. We found a remote lake and sat there in the peace and quiet and grandure. We were spyed by a loon who really wanted us gone. He put on a little dance and yelled and screamed at us in his own beautiful way. I said..listen Mike...he is singing us a serenade. Mike said...actually Don, hes telling us to go &*%$ ourselves! Sure was beautiful. We split and made it home for dusk.

Sue has left our house twice in two weeks....she doesnt really like to leave the "compound". Getting here to go anywhere can be a chore. Thas OK, she likes it here and she is comfortable. I typically cant go more than three days before I think of an excuse to go to town. I had planned to return to Mississauga this week in anticipation of technical and proceedural work problems. In fact, things went so well, I'm afraid to leave. I am getting in the groove.

We are going to try to concentrate on emptying our lockup at Osprey Miikaan this week. I had planned to be outta there by now but I guess I am spending too much time on the dock. We were out there today and picked up a good load...found some stuff we have bveen looking for.

Sue's aunt and cousin are coming over tomorrow. They have a cottage about an hour away and are excited to visit. We have company coming on laborday long weekend. Brenda......you need to come for a visit. Sue and I can meet you at the airport and show you our wonderful sandbox...heck bring a friend or travelling buddy.

GTG......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!