Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, August 14, 2010

Getting Back to the Garden




I dont think web cams were meant to do video. anyway, while I have you, let me tell you about one of blessings of the garden......

There is a crabapple tree at the corner of our garden. Well, its not really crab apple, they are bigger, but they are certainly not full size apples. They are small...about twice the size of a cherry and deep red like cherries. This tree is overflowing with bounty. My wife and I have been picking apples and Sue has been making apple jelly and apple drink concentrate. The jelly is completey amazing! Sue found a recipe on the net that requires only suger....and patience and voila..trhe most amzing jelly you could imagine and its a nice red color. The concentrate, you simply add water and an ice cube and you have a beautiful, all natural..well except for the white suger I suppose....drink. One small basket of apples makes 8 jars of jelly. I ran into town and went to the bakery for nice fresh bread for the test.........mmmmmmm delicious. I guess we will keep the factiry going until we run out of apples......any body got a good crab apple recipe???????? cheers to the garden of plenty.

1 comment:

  1. I saw an excellent movie recently about Joni Mitchell who wrote this song. She wrote it out of regret that she couldn't attend Woodstock.

    She was such a star at the time that she had been booked for a national TV interview and they were afraid that they couldn't get her in and out of Woodstock in time.

    She wrote this song - which was re-recorded by her boyfriend, Graham Nash and his band and became a hit.

    Woodstock, written by Joni, bacame the definitive Woodstock song after its release on the Deja Vu album by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!