Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, August 26, 2010

Enjoying Life

T&M Came for a visit - sittin on the dock
River at Dusk
Sue and I and Bass


I am still pinching myself to make sure its really me and I am really awake and this is not a dream. Well it is a dream that we get to enjoy waking and sleeping. There are so many cool and differant things here. Lots of new animals and birds and insects.

T&M came for a visit and I was at home working in the office. I left the sliding door open When they came back, Sue started screeming. There is a hummingbird in the house! Help! I ran out and got a tea towel. I gently put the tea towel over the hummingbird and released her. Next day....help! This time it was the biggest freekin beetle I've ever seen. They call him a Sawyer and he is a wood beetle. I grabbed some kleenex and I put it on him and then transported him out the door.

The chipmunks and the grackles are making a mess of the bird seed. The sparrows come along and clean it up when the other two pests are gone. Oh and we have lots of windows. The birds are constantly flying into the windows. None have died, but they sure get shaken up.We have some woodpeckers that we are still trying to identify. They dont have the tell tale red on the head or neck or chest. They may be just immature or perhaps another type. The Bitterns, The Herons and the Cormorants, all call this place home, as do the black ducks and gulls and a whole host of other birds. Oh there is a kingfisher that lives across the river and he likes to fish over where the beavers live. There is a family of beavers just down a ways, and they have a commuting routine that brings them across the front of our dock at dusk and dawn. There are also river rats, I guess we call them muskrats. They are also fun to watch. I saw an owl and two loons last night when I went for an ATV run with my buddy.

Well its 8:24am and I need to get to work. I spent my commute time making coffee, downloading pictures and writing this blog post.....and now its time to "grind". I need to find 20K in sales before month end........and then I woke from my dream.....

Cheers, Blessings and Glad Tidings to you and yours
dw

2 comments:

  1. I really hope you are eating the fish you catch. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So there is always a catch here in our earthly paradise. The fish in my river are full of worms. I have been practicing catch and release. I am told that winter will be better.

    A freind of mine told me not to be such a weenie, that worms are just another form of protein....but I cant wrap my head around it yet. I guess I'm not hungry enough!
    dw

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!