Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, August 09, 2010

Life is Good

Life is good here in the Near North. My house feels like home now. I am finally sepnding some time here. With the closing delay came a cascade of other delays, which ultimately meant that I was only seeing my wife and my home on weekends. All of the hurdles have been bridged and now I can spend some time here.

I got my home office all setup on the weekend. I have a hosted Voice over IP phone that my office phone is forwarded to. I have a great high speed connection by Eastlink that is doning a remarkable job at handling my bandwidth requirments. My remote desktop to my office is beautiful....as if I'm there. My clients cant tell the differance.

So with the technology in place, its time to test the proceedures. This week will be my first full week at remote office. Today was awesome. I managed to put in a 9 hour day. Everything worked better than I had hoped or imagined. I took orders, I shipped orders, and I even had some time to do some much needed cold calling. What a great day, I think this is going to work.

I began my day with the alrm going off at 7pm so I could fish before work. The alarm went off and I turned it off and rolled over and sleppt for another hour. I woke up, made a coffee, went to the dock and caught a Pike. I finished my coffee and then went to my office to begin work. I took a 1/2 lunch break, caught another fish and then returned to the grind....as it were.

I am jealous of myself.......is that even possible?

1 comment:

  1. Hey i'm jealous too...don't cholk on the fishy bones and DARN IT so a speel chick!!!!
    Meh...

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!