Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, October 07, 2010

The Facebook Tweet Thingy Said:

 LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO SPEND TIME WITH PEOPLE WHO SUCK THE HAPPINESS OUT OF YOU

Its what the facebook comment said. There were many who "liked" this. It makes sense. I try to dismiss, ignore or remove myself from people who suck the life out of me. Life is short. Who needs it?

BUT, I also got to thinking...what does that actually mean to me, now, today and for the future? I look to the opposite end of the spectrum, where man becomes nurturer, vs destructor. So I thought maybe I might re-write this catchy little phrase to have a better result in my life.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT, SO SPEND TIME WITH OTHERS, BREATHING LOVE AND HAPPINESS INTO THEM.

Wait a second now don. You just turned something that was easy, into something that is harder. Are you sure there would be better results?????

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. You are on the right track. If you have no choice but to spend time wtih people who suck the life and happiness out of you - then focus on their good qualities and do your best to focus them in the positive. I practice this all the time and find it works most of the time.
    XO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice...so you take it one step further. Very wise indeed....and if it doesnt work..oh well...you tried. Thanks Jules
    dw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah because the way it was worded before meant that it would exclude people who are in a lot of pain and hurt and can't communicate in any other way at that moment. Where as what you changed it into is something that isn't restrictive and self-seeking but embraces everything with a view to transforming it.

    You changed it from pushing some people away as if they're the problem into embracing everyone and taking responsibility for yourself.

    Brenda =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is also too short to drink bad coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!