Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, October 21, 2010

Paper Cross

"paper cross"

This cross was made by an inmate. It is made of paper. Strips of paper had been folded and re-folded into this woven paper cross. Its a beauty. It was in my bible when I went to bible College. It has spent time on the rear view mirror of two of my vehicles. It now sits with many of my other "important artifacts" such as driftwood, special rocks, sage and birch bark. I have feathers and bones and carvings. My sweatgrass, my home made guitar, a patti rainbow friendship turtle, some pine cones and a few skulls. There is a detail map of the Temagami Old growth folded real small along with cedar I collected from the cliffs. These are little things I have picked up along my journeys. They are objects of my gathering and gifts to me from others. I trade them with fellow gatherers. They remind me of God's magnifenct provisions for us. I do not worship them, though I consider them sacred. I consider the entire collection to be good medicine and of divine source.

Some day my collection will be scattered to the winds of time and change. Some day I wont be able to see my collections. I wont be able to feel the texture of driftwood. I wont be able to experience the tickle of the feather. Heck, I may even forget my collection and who I am. There could come a time, when I may not be able to exercise my relationship with God and Creation. I trust however, that all of these things wont mean anything, as I will go to the place of my dreams; The place from which I came. I will return to the Source, the great Ruach. All of these earthly things will come to pass, and my very being will shed this earthly carcass.

But for now......Thank You to the hands that made my paper cross. I pray that you find peace and contentment. I pray that you repent and experience forgiveness. I carry this cross you made for me and cherish it as a sign of hope.

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!