Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, January 22, 2011

flippin berrrrrrr!

Image courtesy of Judy

Well its been a little chilly out here. This picture was taken near Huntsville just an hour south of us. Last night I went ice fishing with my budds and it was flippin berrrrrr! We had the hut toasty warm and even caught the hut on fire! hahha, we'll do some repairs this weekend.

I love my hut, but its a little small for community events. I have been keeping it for the minnow storage and I open it for the dogs when we are out. I also keep the portable toilet in there for when my wife comes out AND to fulfil drinking regulations. You are allowed to have beer, if you have a toilet. 

My friend Bang Bang built a bigger hut and we use that. It fits three of us, but no room for dogs. He bannished them outside and when I go out to take a leak, I open up my hut for the dogs to seek some refuge. Funny thing is, they dont use it. They just sit at the front door. The cold doesnt bug them...being cut off from the comradery does.


So last night we made an agreement. We will begin work on a community hut. Our initial plans are for an 8'x12'. We will build it entirely out of scavenged wood. My friend Richard has been collecting scavenged wood for a while and figures he has enough for us to begin. We will build it at his place and register it under his name. It will become our community place. We will have three huts, all with the same locks, so that we all have access to everything. There are a few more members of community that have not been partaking in our adventures but would.....build it and they will come!

 

4 comments:

  1. -30C? Perfect!! Try this experiment from the CNN web site...

    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/01/21/dnt.boiling.water.into.snow.cbc?hpt=C2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey my neighbour came over and told me he tried it and it worked! amazing...and flippin berrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you scared the whole thing is just going to disappear into the icey berrrness and you will be no more??? How can they be heated and STILL be on the ice??? BeRRRRenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothng to fear but fear itself. Ice huts operate under differant laws of nature for they are divine....well not really...I suppose that there is a scientific answer and it goes like this....the icehuts wont fall in because its too flippin berrrrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!