Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, January 21, 2011

I would rather there were no names....

Hey, I was reading my beautiful ESV Study Bible and guess what? It turns out, I have been defined as a New Ager....So thats whats wrong with me! It appears that New Agers believe many strange and radical things. For example, some New Agers beleive that God has revealled himself to All of humanity, and that salvation is atainable by ALL religious groups. Seems there is no "organization" or "power structures" for New Agers. The variations of belief vary substantially. New Agers tend to beleive many things from many sources...Interesting. I was always trained to dispise and discredit New Agers....and now look.....I've become one.

I would really rather there were no names. I hate the labels. We do it all the time. It would appear that I am in a predicament..........The definition book wont allow me to be a christian. Jeesh, and all I want to do is be like Jesus. Oh thats another thing. Did you know that some New Agers beleive that Jesus is a model of perfection and that by trying to live like Jesus, they beleive they can know God?

Thats the thing about labels. A definition is created out of the undefinable. The quick definition never reveals the WHOLE story. There is always a ...yes....but....

I would really rather there were no names. But how could people be sorted and classified if there were no names. How would poeple know where to peg me? How would people know what religion group I should be classified in? How could people even begin to conform my thought, if there isnt a line in the sand?

Just in case you wanted to know..

I beleive in God the Father, maker of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, who is my saviour.
I beleive in the Holy Spirit, which resides in me
I believe that the Holy Bible is Gods innerant word
I believe the only thing wrong with the Holy Bible,
 is our ability to correctly understand it.
I beleive God has revealled himself to ALL human kind
and that on that final day of the Lord......
EVERY humble knee shall bow.




1 comment:

  1. No labels! Yes, that's so prejudice can be formed. I'm with you Don.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!