Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, January 31, 2011

Ice Fishing

We keep our minnows in the tube, in a hole beside the hut. We buy minnows in bulk and keep them in the tube. It keeps them nice and fresh and climatized. It is also more convenient.

We use flag "tip ups". They dont perform well in -30 and need constant attecntion. The new ice fishing line they have now glides through ice, so cleaning the hole isnt as important. BangBang says to tend lines often, because usually you gety your fish right after jiggling the line. It certainly was true last night. The minute I moved my line, a nice Pickerel took it.

Richard brought a metal tin can out for a fire. It was so flippin berrrr, that Tim had to keep his beer in it to keep from freezing.

The sun is getting low in the sky and that means the Pickerel will soon start to feed. I keep a portapotty in the silver ice shack for the ladies. I keep it toasty warm. I use my hut during the strike zone and it has been producing one as night. Strike zone is 4:30 to 6pm.
Pete's a happy guy. He taught much of us the ins and outs and specific local tactics. He also loves fishing as much as I do. The whole gang is going to come over to our place on Saturday night for a massive fish fry. We have all been saving our catches for this event. We will spread our table out 12 feet long and invite all those who have come to visit us at our ice community. We als had another group come over and ask if they could join us. They havnt arrived yet, but I rekon next Saturday we will have neighbours. The ice is now 2 feet thick and the locals are driving their trucks on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!