Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Old Testament Time Line



I finally have a place big enough to put up my Old Testament timeline. I studied the Old Testament in Bible College and then again at Seminary. One of the things we had to do was to establish a date for key people and events, and to then to present them somehow. I chose a scroll. I began at my first verifiable date of 2166 BC, which scholars believe was father Abrahams birth. I noted events and dates all the way to the last verifiable Old Testament date of 432 BC, which is when a few remnant returned and Nehemiah was given task to help purify and lead the last remaining of the tribe.

Of course dates and events vary when researching. It was not an easy task. It was fun though. It was interesting to see how this history looks when listed out on paper..in linear form. I got a good grade and that pleased me. What pleases me more, is now I have a personal timeline, I have a form of art. I have a graphic detailed map of my relations in OT days. With a glimpse, I can see 1734 years of history!.......now if I only knew what it meant...hahhah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!