Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, February 03, 2011

Joni Mitchell - The Artist

"Portrait of Graham Nash" Copyright Joni Mitchell 1969

I have long admired the work of Joni Mitchell. Not only is she a gifted singer and songwriter, but she is a great painter as well. I have seen various works of hers in Readers Digest, on album covers, and a few on the internet. This image was sent to me by a dear friend from facebook. I truly love this...its so woodland. Its hippi woodland....rainbow medicine. I am so grateful to see this. My friend commented to me "....its inspiring me to take up the brush instead of tiny pen lines".

Isnt art amazing?  Pickup the paintbrush my friend and splash that beautiful and colourful paint. You are so gifted and I know you see the colours!!!

I did a little research and found jonimitchell.com and some wonderful works of art.
http://jonimitchell.com/paintings/view.cfm?id=24&recs=266#viewing
Here are some quotes from the site about this piece........

"Joni's comments from the StarArt book: "I remember doing this drawing; it was in Laurel Canyon behind our house. It was spring and the grass was very green. We had a picnic and it was very calm. The cloud in him was the sorrow of knowing that we wouldn't go on living together forever, like we had planned. He knew it too so that was kind of an impending cloud that we both shared. Yet, externally you see the sun pushing on him; so it was like the sun outside and the rain inside."

This piece was featured on the back cover of Graham's album "Wild Tales".
Michael Bilz, who emailed me about this painting, has had it confirmed from the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, that this painting is hanging up in the Main Exhibit Hall in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland. Should you wish to see the painting it is in the 'Los Angeles' section

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!