Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Deb and I on top of Mount McKay - Notice smoke at top right

Forest fire as seen from Mount McKay


When we arrived at Mount McKay we could see a small forest fire. Within 15 minutes, we could see emergency vehicles. When we climbed to the top of Mount McKay, we could see the fire spreading. Within 30 minutes, an arial spot plane arrived and then shortly after, the water bomber arrived. We watched as he "dipped" into Lake Superior and then flew over and dropped it on the fire. This was repeated a number of times until only a luittle smoke and steam was left. What an amazing thing to watch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!