Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ontario Old Growth Pine

This sign is at the Panorama Amythyst Mine in Thunder Bay

Here is the rest of the "scene"

And here is the beauty Pine that they want to protect

Here are two beauty Temagami Red Pine just down the road from me.
We stopped here for one last stretch before returning home.

We drove across Northern Ontario and took many back routes and side routes. We saw so much beauty. We also saw our forestry industry in full swing. Its hard to look at the clear cuts, yet we also saw lots of new growth. We saw a "farming" process in action. Swaths of land from one end of Northern Ontario to the other.

There is not much industry in the North. Towns and regions are reliant on forestry and mining and tourism. As a tourist, what I saw was sad and somehwat sickening, YET, I do understand that forestry is essential. After seeing 1000's of miles of full swing forestry it leaves me baffled as to why we now need to take our last remaining old growth. It is poor stewardship to take it all.

A smart investor and a wise steward would always say to save some for future. While I think that 10% is a pretty fair amount to save, our leaders and industry do not. We are down to our last few percent of remaining old growth forest. We should be ashamed of ourselves.

Go ahead and tell me all the reasons why forestry is required and I will agree. Tell me about the necessity of protection and I will also agree.  Tell me that we have already taken from the last 10 percent and I will tell you that we are idiotts. Plain and simple fools. We are stealing our childrens inheritance and we should be ashamed of ourselves.

Do yourself a favour and go hug a tree. Go hug an old growth tree and you too will understand why we have to protect. Really...come on.... Do you think that 3% is an acceptable figure?...I dont. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!