Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ouch


We had our first mishap with the ATV. We were bombong down the trail, rounded a corner and the road was washed out.....I mean really washed out. The drop was a good 10 feet forming a V at the bottom. This is not something that one would want to hit at 20K. It was obvious we were not going to stop in time so I had to ditch the bike. I figured a tree was better than the washout. My bike got wedged and it took about 45 minutes to get it out. Sue and I have bruises on our legs and arms. I have a nice bruise from my knee to my ankle. This serves as a reminder. This was a wonderful lesson and maybe next time we wont be so lucky. I will have to exercise greater caution in the future. I was complacent because I knew the trail, however, conditions can change in a flash!

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! So glad neither of you were seriously hurt! Maybe Thunder Budgie should get insurance on you two...

    :)

    B

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!