Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, June 03, 2011

Top Reason to Postpone the Fishing Trip - Forest Fire

Current Forest Fire Situation Map from the Ministry Website


My buddy Pete and I have been planning a wilderness outing to my secret Speckie hole and to "the place that shall remain nameless" to camp the night and pickerel fish. This spot is about 3 hours by ATV from my camp, which is one hour north of the nearest electricity and beer store. We planned on sleeping at camp tonight and then heading out first light. We were going over all the reasons to postpone the trip.
1 - No Tent - No concern, we will spleep in bags.
2 - Blackflies - No concern, we will bring the bug jackets
3 - Mosquitos - No concern, again bug jackets and patience cure those
4 - Rain - No concern, fishing is great in the rain
5 - Distance from civilization, no concern, have gps and time
6 - Work to do - No concern, we always have work to do
7 - No trailer - No concern, I bought one last night
8 - No boat - No concern for this trip, we will scope it out and bring one next time
9 - Cold and wet - no concern, thats what jackets and wellies are for
So as of last night, we defeated all our concerns. The trip WAS on. TODAY, I received an email from a buddy pointing out the fact that there is now a forest fire very near our destination. Call me old fashioned, but I think this is a deal breaker.
Top reason why not to go to my secret fishing hole?
10 - Forest fire - Big Concern, deal breaker....maybe next weekend



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!