Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, September 26, 2011

Hunting and Gathering

We had a great weekend of hunting and gathering. It all began Saturday morning when Pierre decided to cut a few logs from our pile. Within minutes a neighbour arrived and said "Hey, I bet you would love to use my splitter! We sprang to attention and I ran over and shook his hand saying YES!!!!!! I went to his place and picked up the splitter and Sue, Pierre and I finished splitting all our wood. 


We were so excited to have the splitter, we decided to go and do some more gathering.


We know a place where Birch was cut and left to rot.


As part of the Pine thinning and care of the forest, someone was paid to cut all the non pine from the forest.


One mans waste is another mans treasure.


We went straight to work, cutting and splitting and stacking. 
We make a great team and our pile is growing!



After a hard, satisfying weekend of work, we sat down to a beautiful harvest meal.
We had moose from Sandy Falls, Potatoes from Field, Whitefish from Ear Falls, and Cabbage, Swiss Chard and Beans from our garden.....all things we hunted, gathered and harvested from this beautiful land.

Lord God
Thank you for your bountiful provisions.
Thank you for a good year and a great harvest.

1 comment:

  1. I like chocolate moose. Your harvest looks amazing and yummers.
    My bff told me i was turning into a prize ahole HA!!! Love her. Shes right though. Send me a stinky fish so i can slap myself with it regularly.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!