Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, September 15, 2011

Little Woodpeckers


Thats it!!!! I need to get netting for my windows. Birds are constantly crashing into our windows. I rush out and revive them..or not. The worst of them all is the little downy's.

We have a tree beside the house and there are 3 baby downy's....there used to be 4. Mother and father seem to have disappeared as we never see them. These 3 little youngsters are chatter boxes. They have been a joy to watch and every week, one of them crashes into the window. This morning one crashed pretty hard and I went running out. I picked him up and he was convulsing. I held him warm and reassured him. I brought him inside and my phone rang. I was talking on the line with a client on one hand and a dying woodpecker in the other. As I completed my call, he seemed to perk up a bit and struggle. I ran outside and put him in the crotch of his tree. His brother and sister had been calling and were somewhat frantic about it all. I went in side and next time I went to check, the downy had flown to the tree. They all sat and chatted at me as I stood under the tree lecturing them...jeesh.....I am going to Canadian Tire tonight to see if I can get some bird netting...this foolishness has to stop!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!