Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Morley Kakepetum - Native Artist


"Untitled" Copyright Morley Kakepetum 1993
Kakepetum, Morley, 1936-, (Thunder Bay Art Gallery)

I was gifted this painting by Morley Kakepetum by a friend of Debbies. When she heard of my interest in native art, she shared here collection with us. Deb got a Limited Edition print, also by Morley Kakepetum. Morley is well known in his geographic region and many of his paintings are on the wall at Cat Island Lodge near Ear Falls.


6 comments:

  1. Really, really, really like this painting. Yeah really!!!!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!

    Morley's daughter April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been looking to contact this artist (your Father) for a story behind a painting. Can you help me with that? Thanks in advance.

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry To announce that he passed away years ago.

      Delete
  3. A friend of mine has a painting and a letter by this artist. Wondering if we could contact the artist for the story behind the painting he has?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also one of his daughters and I'm sorry to announce that he passed away a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!