Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cranberry Picking in Sturgeon Falls


Fresh picked cranberries in the pail


Surveying the Cranberry bog - Cranberries everywhere!


Washed and ready for juice and cranberry sauce

Last year we found the bog late in the season, after everyone had had their way. We ate what few we could find, and bought some from the farmer down the road. The flavour was so remarkable that we made a point of returning a few times this year to keep ahead of the rush. Deb and Sue picked enough for now. I think its a little early yet. A couple more weeks and it should be primetime!

Cheers to wild cranberries!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!