Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Broken Finger


I have broken bones before and I recognize the sound that reverberates inside ones body when a bone breaks. As Pierre and I lifted the biggest bad ass hunk of wood, I fumbled and ended up pinching my peter pointer between the ring of wood and the tailgate of my truck. As the wood landed on my finger we both heard my finger go "CLICK" Pierre looked at me immediately and said oh oh. Yes, I was dumb enough to break my finger. I have broken fingers before. You go spend 12 hours at emerg, they take xrays and send you home with a little metal splint. I probably have a couple of them lying around here somewhere. At any rate, that was a week ago. My finger is beginning to heal. I do little range of motion exercises. It hurts like hell trying to play my guitar and I have to use different fingering. Also I am left handed and its my left peter pointer. I find it very difficult to write.

Last year I bought wood...cut..dryed and ready to burn. 2 bush cord cost me $650.00 and lasted the season, though we had to pace ourselves. This year I have been watching Kijiji for wood. I have found a few people who have cut down trees and need it all cleaned up. So far this year I have more than 2 bush cord and it cost me $200.00 for wood payment and $125.00 in woodsplitter rental....half the price and more wood! Oh and it also cost me a finger..teehee. I was thinking about buying a splitter, but at $50.00 a day rental it doesnt make sense. Splitters are $1200.00 and I can split a years worth of wood for a couple hundred dollars rental. That would be 6 years return on investment. I will continue to watch and perhaps I can find a used one for half that price.

Anyways, I must go...tooodle loo

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should consider the financial case for moving South? Where no wood is required? You know... Instead of North? The Arctic hasn't melted yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...nEvEr!
    dw

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!