Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, November 26, 2011

TURTLE ISLAND COMMANDMENTS


One: Treat the Earth and all that dwell thereon with respect.

Two: Remain close to the Great Spirit.

Three: Show great respect for your fellow beings.

Four: Work together for the benefit of all Mankind.

Five: Give assistance and kindness wherever needed.

Six: Do what you know to be right.

Seven: Look after the well being of mind and body.

Eight: Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater good.

Nine: Be truthful and honest at all times.

Ten: Take full responsibility for your actions.


This is wisdom literature. This is divine commandment. It is God breathed reality. We have the opportunity each and every day to either live by, or against this wisdom. With choice comes responsibility. We have to live with and by our actions and reactions. Sometimes living these commandments is tough. Sometimes we have to say or do things we do not want. Sometimes external influences like fear can inhibit our ability to flow. When these tenants are acccepted deep within, it becomes much easier. Reactions to situations can be more in tune with spirit flow and vibration. As a christian, I was encouraged to pray within Gods will. When I was born again, I had an internal encouragement to LIVE in Gods will. I have learned that it would be better to die physically, than to die spiritually. I have come to believe that Gods love and spirit is fluid in this world and that I can be a part of this divine flow and experience Gods kingdom here on earth. This spiritual kingdom can never be shaken. Despite hardship and desert experiences, the spirit  provides hope, joy and purpose. Better is one day in this kingdom, than thousands elsewhere! Praise God!

Now, should you say, there is no God; or there is no divine, you still know in your heart that these commandments are whats best. Why do you suppose this is? So I invite you to follow them with me, and together we will experience the divine, and you will come to know the heart of God.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!