Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, March 04, 2012

Let it Snow!


We had a visitor from Kyrgyzstan. He was expecting to see lots of snow, after all, Canadians live in igloos dont they? This has been a mild winter to the south, and up until yesterday, snow has been scarce. We had a kick butt snow fall arrive just as they were to travel. As they drove north, the snowfall got greater. They arrived just in time to head out for the afternoon and evening fish. Our visitor got a ride on the ATV and drove a snowmobile for the first time. I think he was quite surprised to see the ice was almost 3 feet thick! The snow was falling like jack the bear and then the temperature dropped significantly. We took our catch home for a nice feast. In the meantime, the snow kept falling.

At 9pm I got a c all from a buddy. He was in the bush and his snowmobile was stuck beyond his ability and it would be a very long and difficult walk home. He called for a rescue and moreso...a shovel. It sure is nice to have good cell coverage here. I hopped on my ATV and followed his directions and his trail. I got my ATV stuck about 100 feet from his sled. I stepped off the ATV and sank up to my crotch in snow. Every step was the same. By the time I reached him I was exhausted. He shoveled all the snow and we were able to get his sled back up onto the top of the snow and feathered it out. We then used my winch to unstuck me and we were off. Got home at 11:30. He was grateful. I reminded him that he has rescued me on 2 occasions under similar circumstance. It sure is nice to be able to call for help and its even nicer when help arrives!

Today is a new day in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!