Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, April 04, 2012

The Sound of Music

"The Sound of Music - Edelweiss

It all started at Christmas 2011 for me. I watched The Sound of Music for the FIRST time! What an incredible movie! I had to see it again and surf the channels longingly and no luck. I went to a few local video stores..no luck. I surfed netflix and you tube and still couldnt find it. I went and LIKED the sound of music facebook page and a couple weeks ago there was a post for the 45th anniversary limited release for only $24.99 at Amazon. I jumped on that and yesterday I heard ding song of the courier at the door. To my glee and delight my package had arrived. The package came with blueray. dvd and audio soundtrack, along with 2 books, a number of post cards and even a letter of authenticity!...whatever that means these days.






2 comments:

  1. How did you manage to overlook this little gem?!! And you, a musician?!

    Then you probably don't know that the song Edelweiss is not an Austrian folk song but was in fact written for the Hollywood movie by Rogers & Hammerstein.

    My wife and I backpacked thru Europe for our honeymoon and stayed in Salzberg, did the Sound of Music tour, crossed the boarder to the Bavarian Alps to visit Hitler's Eagles Nest at Berchtesgaden and hiked the tops of the Alps there. It was a fascinating trip! To appreciate the view of Austria from this part of Germany go to Google Earth and type in Eagle's Nest Germany.

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!!!!! What an adventure! My wife and her family have been there and took lots of photos....they even got a picture of Edelweiss! Closest I have come is Switzerland. Blessings to you Alex and thanks for sharing
    dw

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!