Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, April 02, 2012

Tribute to Alex Mathias

"Alex Mathias" Copyright don wright 2012

Alex Mathias - Changing of the Seasons Ceremony 2011

One day I had a vision. I have an impulsive and compulsive mind. I became driven or should I say, beckoned to the Old Growth at Obabika. I bought a bus at a party and envisioned myself driving that bus into the bush. My buddy Mike had been exploring these parts and he told me about a native man who was living back there, and if I wanted to see the old growth, I should talk to him. As it turns out, my bus broke down at the top of a logging road just a mere 2 km from the last camp and about 4kms from the lake. I had phoned ahead looking for a spot to winter over and the camp had a spot for me. Now that the bus was parked, this became home base for exploration. While driving past the locked gate leading to Alex's place, we noticed Brandon and asked him to ask Al if we could come for a visit. I told Brandon about my desire to walk the Old Growth. We were invited to the Changing of the Seasons Ceremony 2008 and my wife and I eagerly attended. It was life changing for me. Perhaps this is wrong...it was more like a fulfillment or acknowledgement of the vision. Sue and I were accepted like family. It was as though we already knew each other. When we reached the 3 sisters red and white pines I sat down and cried. 

"Hugging the Sisters" copyright don wright 2012




No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!