Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, April 30, 2012

Wa wee ay




Alex and I

   
Touching the Sisters

I have been spending a lot of time with Alex. As you may or may not be aware, I am writing a book about Alex Mathias and the Old Growth Experience. I have been listening intently to stories about life on the land and struggles to help protect it. 


After the long journey in and a few beverages everyone went to bed. The time was about 1am, and I just wasn't ready to sleep. I decided to go for a walk. This beautiful dog, Buck, is on a chain for reason. I had this great idea of slipping the dog off the chain and going for a bush walk. The voice in my head said don't do it, but I often don't listen. Off we went on our walk and it was golden. Buck was really obedient and a pleasure to journey with. After a while I let Buck lead me on a beautiful walk on the beach. Buck walked me to Alex's house and up the path. Suddenly all heck broke loose. Buck began to fight with Mugwish and it was ferocious. I stepped in to break it up and I could not. The three of us were tumbling on the ground and I lost a shoe. I grabbed onto Bucks collar and dragged him away. The 2 dogs were inseparable and I dragged the two of them down to the beach. While trying to break it up, I ended up in the Lake. Sand likes to stick to wet clothing. There was no way I could break this fight up and so I grabbed Bucks collar again and continued to drag the 2 fighting dogs across the beach and back to Bucks chain. I lost another shoe and there I was, wet, sandy, shoe less and exhausted. I managed to drag Buck to the chain but I had also lost my light in the scuffle. I lay on the ground frantically searching for the chain, with two dogs still at battle. As soon as the chain connected to the collar, Mugwish relented and slipped into the darkness. I lay on the ground right there at Bucks place and he snuggled with me as I licked my wounds. I was so darn tired and full of adrenaline that I just sat there until I could calm down. I sheepishly climbed into the guest cabin and removed all my dirty clothes, put a log on the fire and slipped into bed. The following day I told Alex the story. He laughed and said "Now you know why Buck is on the chain. I could have told you that, but maybe its best that you got to learn for yourself" Jeesh...why does everything have to be a lesson and why don't I listen to the voice of reason?

"Hand of Reason" Copyright don wright
Alex Mathias Collection






No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!