Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, October 26, 2012

Guitar Chicken

"Guitar Chicken" Copyright don wright 2012

I was thinking about guitars and guitar playing and how in many ways it has remained elusive. Sure I receive compliments and that feels good, but the reality is I am not really that good, compared to so many I have met. You know the type..naturally gifted and able to see the instrument as a whole and feel it. They can dance all over the melody, around and around and not give it a second thought...so natural.

I picked up a guitar when I was 16 years old. I am now 51. That means I have been playing for 35 years! Wow. What a companion! The guitar has been such a friend and it would be hard to imagine my life without it. I still try to play every day....and I dont get any better...haha

I envisioned a shamanistic image involving my guitar morphing into a thunderbird and all I ended up with was this guitar chicken...hahaha. It makes me happy though. I get to chuckle at this foolishness, this monument to my relationship with my guitar.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!