Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, October 17, 2012

pray

"pray" don wright 2012

I am praying for a few people and a few things. That is to say, there are a few people and a few things on my heart and on my mind. As I consider them, I share them and I present them to a higher power. I do this for a few reasons. I guess the first reason is Jesus told me to, but in a deeper sense, I do this because I believe it to be real. I also believe that some how, there is great power in prayer. I do this because I believe there is more to this existence than the physical realm. I believe there is also a spiritual realm, and together they form life. If you say that prayer is useless and is never answered, I would continue to pray because prayer is communication with Abba. Prayer helps keep my spirit attached. I do not view God or Spirit as a cosmic candy machine. Rather, my prayers are merely my spirit reaching out to be connected. I pray because thats how the great engineer designed it. A friend told me I was a powerful healer. All I did was stand beside him in his time of need and I prayed for him. I carried that petition in my heart, sharing it with Abba. What else could I do? What else did I need to do?

"The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!