Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, October 05, 2012

The Spirit of Mae Mae

"Mae Mae" Copyright don wright 2012

Mae Mae
(Piliated Woodpecker)

As a young lad, I spent many hours sneaking through the bush so that I could take a picture of Mae Mae. I saw one by the trout stream and vowed to capture that beauty on film. I was never to see Mae Mae again, until I moved north. Mae Mae is the most majestic of woodpeckers. You can hear the thunderous sound of them chipping wood. Mae Mae made such a large hole in the tree, that the wood ducks began to use it as their nest. Mae Mae landed in my tree and greeted me. He stayed for while and flew off, leaving me with this memory.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!