Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, November 17, 2005

The More Things Change...The More They Stay The Same

Listening to my OT tapes I came across this passage in 2 Kings 17. I was struck by how much things just havent changed. I learned about a wonderful covenant that God made with His people. A covenant is a 2 sided agreement. God said He had plans to bless us and all we had to do was to love him. Seems easy doesnt it. Well? What went wrong? The blessings are still there for each and every one of us, but we remain stiff necked and untrusting. Why is that?

Here, read it for yourself and weep for humanity. So close and yet so far. Father forgive us!

"Turn from your evil ways. Observe my commands and decrees, in accordance with the entire Law that I commanded your fathers to obey and that I delivered to you through my servants the prophets."
14 But they would not listen and were as stiff-necked as their fathers, who did not trust in the LORD their God. 15 They rejected his decrees and the covenant he had made with their fathers and the warnings he had given them. They followed worthless idols and themselves became worthless. They imitated the nations around them although the LORD had ordered them, "Do not do as they do," and they did the things the LORD had forbidden them to do.


Ok so I read 100's of pages about blessings and curses.
Why didnt they get it? It was spelled out pretty clear.
Why don't we get it now?
Dont answer that question, think about it,
and answer that question in the quietness of your heart.
I cant give you the correct answer because I'm trying to sort this out myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!