Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, January 07, 2006

My Dream Guitar...Almost


I always wanted a Martin D-28. My friends had Martin D35's, and while many say this is a better instrument, I always like the D28. So I dreamed of some day owning one. I had it in my mind that I would buy one in the year 2000. I fugured if Jesus didnt come back then, then I would be here for the long haul. If that was the case, I was gonna need the guitar of my dreams. Well 2000 came and went and reality sunk in. Jesus didnt come, and, I couldnt afford my dream. Due to a winfall in 2002, and the kind working of terms, I was finally able to purchase my dream guitar. So off I went to my favourite little guitar shop Village Music in Erin. He carries a nice selection of Martin guitars.

So I played the Martin D28, the guitar off my dreams, but I fell in love with another. This single cutaway with a pickup will surely be shunned by the purists. Its certainly not the traditional guitar of my dreams. Its just that we fell in love. I went back to the shop repeatedy. Jim would let me pick out the instruments and go to the back room to be alone with them. Time and again, this guitar won me over. So I fell in love, and purchased the instrument of my new dreams.

We've been together ever since. In fact we will be playing together in a worship band for a beleiver baptism service tonight. It just doesnt get any better than that. So heres to old dreams made new!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!