Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, May 07, 2006

Acton Variety Night

Last night was the "Canada eh" variety night and we held it at the place we've been doing Alpha at. There were quite a few people, including a visit from our Bishop. The proprietor of Leathertown Tavern was thrilled with the turn out and he "wrote off" the invoices for our last two evenings, including the celebration dinner. That was a blessing. That means that we managed to put the course on well under budget.

We had many compliments with the music. I screwed up the words to American Woman but kept singing anayway. The bass players were laughing at my creativity. I was laughing inside too! I hate it when that happens...hahahaha

Jake and I did a "smokin" job of Soul Man. Jake bought the perfect hat for the part. People were howling with Jakes "Soul Man" antics. It was so much fun!

If you caught the show, what was your favourite tune? This time "Constant Craving" by KD Lang was my fav. I closed my eyes and I thought KD was with us. A friend of mine was saying the same thing. Oh and "Takin Care of Business" by Charles BTO Neal. It was so cool. Charles stepped down from the stage and wandered through the aisle while playing a "smokin" riff.

We had a great soundman last night. Glenn and Heather were their usual stellar selves. I could see Glenn cringe a bit here and there as there were some, shall we say, creative interpretations of the music.

My brother in law was there with a cousin from Germany and my friend Ron was there with a cousin of his form Germany(well France now). Klause met Alexander and both received a fine sampling of Canadian music. Klause couldnt stop ranting and raving about how great it was.

Any way, I gotta go back to reading my "Biblical Interpretation" text book. I am beginning to panic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!