Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, May 25, 2006

So Many Reason to be Thankful

Today is my anniversary. Sue and I have been married for 22 years! I can hardly beleive it. I love her more and more each day. It seems like yesterday when we were married. Time flies so fast! what do they say?...ah yes...time flies when you are having fun.

Last night was opening night of Alpha at Leathertown Tavern. I had turned over the reigns to my friends Richard and Mary Ellen for a number of reasons. Richard and Mary Ellen both took the course last term and are now leading. I see in our midst now, more people with a heart and passion for God with leadership skills. We also have a nice blend of christians and non christians. I am excited! I am especially excited for the 2 seekers who came. I am praying that they return!
A fellow who had too much to drink came to Richard and confided that he was drunk because his wife just left him. He asked if he could join us for the rest of the course beginning next Wed. He said he wouldnt take part this time because of his drunkeness, but sat quietly on the outskirts and watched the movie. I pray that he comes next week. Despite so many recommendations to leave this place, I think we must stay. If Gerry comes next week and then completes the course, he may very well establish a relationship with God. If this is the case, then all the effort and discomfort will be worth it!

I have been experiencing chest pain. I have been to the doc and all the tests said that I was OK. Thats easy to say, but I dont beleive it. I asked for a specific test on my heart and received that yesterday. 5 Hours of tests! They put some radioactive stuff in me through intraveneous, and I had to do a bunch of excercise. They took pics and data. I was hooked up to wires and computers. I will find out the results in 2 weeks. Maybe I've just been reading too many Readers Digest articles or maybe I'm turning hypochondriac or something.

Dylans high school rugby team plays Fergus tonight for the finals. The Erin District High School simply has the best senior boys rugby team in our district. Erin is a town of 3000 people. These boys have been creaming teams from cities with 20,000 plus. This is quite an accomplishment! They are simply stronger, faster and better than the others. So far this year they are undefeated. Go Erin Go. I will be yelling this at 7pm 2nite!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Happy Anniversary guys! 22 years is like so dam kool, especially today when people are like an item - not - an item - NOT all the time.
    So the chest pain huh? is it like stress guy? i am glad you got some more tests huh?

    dont worry though ok, God has you in his hand tight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratz! Don, How true that Christians have the higher tolerance to their own spouses...kidding! That's a blessing in itself and I pray that another 22 years are in the offing. Hope your chest pain will go away though. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 22 years of wedding bliss Don and Sue!!
    I so understand the love growing daily. I pray you have much more than another 22 years.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!