Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, May 07, 2007

Farewell to a Freind....Mixed Eotions

Well I received the news that Jake Birch has accepted a new pastoral position in Niagara Falls. I am certain that most people are saddened by this. A part of me is sad, yet I am happy for Jake and his family. Jake has no doubt prayerfully considered this move. No doubt he has discussed this with his better half and children. They have decided that a move to Niagara Falls is Gods will. Though saddened, I stand and salute Jake and his family.

Jake has been a mentor to me. I have always been impressed with his heart, passion and ability. He has always given me the correct advice, though I have not always listened. I hope and pray that he will count me as a friend.

I will always remember his help when Susie and I took on the Erin VBS leadership. I have this picture of him in his billy boots, commonly known as wellies, (rubber boots)
Behind the scenes he encouraged me. He was shoulder for our tears and a cheer leader for our successes. He reminds me of a rooster we once had. That rooster would gather up the chicks and show them how to scratch, and peck and collect edibles. He would ruffle his feathers and stand guard for his chicks. Jakes passion for the lost and his love for our children were immense. I count myself lucky to have known him.

Heather was awesome too! I have nothing but great memories of her. I miss playing music with her. Her talent was tremendous. Her love and passion was infectious. It is a joy and an honor to know her.

We had the great fortune of watching his children grow. They are such a wonderful family. I especially liked working with Wilson. Watching Wilson grow in his music was precious. We played together on many occasions, including the Erin VBS band. I have a very fond memory of Wilson and pray that he continues to grow into a fine young man.

I guess its natural, but I cant help but feel a certain amount of guilt. I keep thinking, what if I did this, or what if I did that. Did I contribute to this in any way. Do I have anything that I need to ask forgiveness for, or do I have any unspoken praises that I neglected to show? I guess its natural, but I cant help but look at this like a loss. If Jake has left because of ANYTHING that I said or did, then I will be ashamed and I will be repentant. I will seek his forgiveness.

However, equally as important is I will stand by his decision. I will uphold him in prayer. I wish him all the best. I will offer my help and assistance in any way. I will attempt to repay him for his years of great service and friendship, by letting go, and telling him so.

Jake….You rock. I am truly sorry for anything I may have done or not done that may have hurt you. Thank you for being a mentor. Thank you for all your years of service. I count it a privilege to know you and I pray for nothing but the best for you and your family. You will always hold a fond place in my memory.

THANKYOU! ….may I call you brother?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!