Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, July 18, 2008

One More Thing

TeeeHee. My buddy Bob and I got a good laugh. We sing at an old folks home with elderly people who have Alzheimers. I am amazed at the power of music in these people lives. Many of them remember the words to songs, but dont remember what they did 5 minutes ago.

Nan, who is from Scotland said " Hey, do you know any scottish songs?" I said yes I know Wild Mountain Thyme. She said, I love that song....play it for us. So Bob and I played and sang and Nan sang along. When we were done, everyone cheered and Nan said " Hey do you know any scottish songs?" I said Yes, I know Wild Mountain Thyme. She said "oh I love that song...sing it for us." I looked over at Bob and we both broke down laughing. The funiest thing was that no one caught on as to why we were laughing so hard.

It sure is easy to please these folks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!