Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Changing of the Seasons Ceremony





While at camp we were fortunate enough to meet a young man who told us about the Ojibway elder Alex Mathias who still lives on his family land at upper Obabika. This is where one of the old growth forest stands is. It has been a wish and desire to go there and hug a tree. I wanted to canoe there and spend some time in their beauty. I became very interested in how I might go to this special place. Much to our great blessing, we were invited to this ceremony and for a toured walk by an amazing caretaker of this land.


Though I support and understand the importance of logging, I also beleive that we must set aside land that can remain untouched. I dont think it is too much to ask for us to save something.


We will consider it a great honor and priveledge to meet this Ojibway Indian elder and caretaker of a this beautiful land. At that place, I will pray to God and thank Him and plead that He might move the hearts of all people to save, cherish and respect this land. I would like my grandchildren and their grandchildren to have the same experience and to have at least one place thats we havnt ruined because of our greed and shortsightedness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!