Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, February 15, 2009

another visit

do do do lookin out my front door......I wish!


We went to take a look at my River Valley dream home. I wanted to see how things looked in the dead of winter. The dream lives on! Despite a warm snap and a heavy loss of snow, the river was still well within its banks. We met with a local fellow...a future neighbour perhaps. There is a nice spot for a large garden and there is a small chicken coop and run. The garage also has a chicken coop and a place for rabbit cages.


This is a small wood shed. The land was logged 12 years ago. There are logging trails and roads throughout and the trees are starting to fill in again. The trail runs along the river to the beach and then over to a snall lagoon where a creek joins. It is deep and sheltered and that is where I envision keeping my boat. There is 40 KM of navigable water.

The snow was too deep to walk the trail. We should have brought snow shoes!

There are some impracticalities with living so far from "civilization" as it were. The thing is...its a dream. What good wood life be if we didnt follow a dream? Time ticks, things change, I get older and fatter. I need to challenge myself. I need to stop dreaming and just do it!

I want to learn how to make a small foot print on this planet. I want to challenge myself to live from the land that the good Lord blesses me. I want to caretake that land, love it, care for it, live on its abundance and give back to it. This land can do that. There are enough dead or rough wood to heat my house. There is fertile land for our gardens. There is fish in the river. We will learn new skills and rekindle old skills. Together, Sue and I will build a new homestead.

I just continue to pray that the timing will all work. I promised not to sell my own house until Deb is finished in June.......drum roll please.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!