Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, February 05, 2009

My Art - Part Eight

This print represents the great hockey rivalry of Montreal Canadians Vs Toronto Maple Leafs. As a boy growing up in Quebec, I was a Montreal Canadien fan and then I moved to Toronto. I met my wife who was a Toronto Maple Leaf fan. I am a turn coat!..but I did it for a greater love. I especially like this print because the Maple leaf player, flambouyant Eddie Shack, is face washing the Canadiens goalie. It gives me quiet joy while honoring the great Canadian past time - Hockey. This limited print is signed by the artist Alan Kingsford and contains also the signature of Eddie Shack. It is #314/590 and also contains an authenticity stamp. Not that that really matters. Its the picture I like and what it represents.

2 comments:

  1. Just wondering what that painting worth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. good question. My sense is a couple hundred bucks. I gave it to a friend for his hockey shrine and now it is in a much better place.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!