Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, February 06, 2009

My Art - Part Ten

This is another print from Ken Kirkby. This style of painting is what made him famous. The picture is of an Inukshuk. People have been facinated by Inukshuks and you can see them on the sides of the road on various highways here. I'm thinking specifically HWY69 near Parry Sound. These in Parry Sound of course are not ancient Inukshuks, but built by people with an interest in Inukshuk. The print is is an Artist Proof 29/30. It was a gift to me because I showed interest. I was facinated by the print and my client said "You do such a great job for us...I want you to have it." She is friends with Ken Kirkby and she is the person who gave me the "Mated Pair" print. Maybe some day I will go to the Arctic and see an ancient Inukshuk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!