Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, March 07, 2009

Creation Dream

SONG: Creation Dream: Bruce Cockburn
centred on silence
counting on nothing
i saw you standing on the sea
and everything was dark except for
sparks the wind struck from your hair
sparks that turned to wings around you
angel voices mixed with seabird cries
fields of motion surging outward
questions that contain their own replies...
_
you were dancing
i saw you dancing
throwing your arms toward the sky
fingers opening like flares
stars were shooting everywhere
lines of power bursting outward
along the channels of your song
mercury waves flashed under your feet
shots of silver in the shell-pink dawn...
(Bruce Cockburn Ottawa 20/12/78)
Ever had a dream like this? I have. It was vivid and real. I was wide awake and staring at the clouds when it all happened. It was like a 3D HD experience. Wait, not just 3D, it was fully dimensional, visual, audio, sensory day dream. Perhaps I might even call it vision. Sounds wierd eh. But I remember it mostly for what it told me about God. Have you ever had a dream that you swear was reality? I take great comfort in recalling that dream, for it was through my dream that God reminded me, and gave me assurance of salvation.
Nokomis (the artist) said that all things came to be simply because God had a vision that it could be. God had a dream. He had a vision of creation and made it so. I am told in the Holy Bible that I was made in the image of God. One of the things that makes me(us) unique amongst the entire kingdom is my ability to dream, and create and have visions and inspirations. This is one of the great gifts from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!