Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Creation Reconciliation and Nanabozo



It all seemed too good. Reading the Ojibway creation stories, I had the immediate sense that what happened here on Turtle Island was differant yet the same as my own creation story. I felt that when God created man on the asian continent, he also created original man (anishinaabe) on Turtle Island. When God created Adam, he also created Abe. I mean why not? God could do anything He wants. He said it was His desire that all would know Him. I have been reading about the Ojibway's knowledge of a higher power before white man came, so I assumed that the creations stories I posted were ancient and passed down over many generations.

And then came Nanabozo. He scared me at first and I quickly changed the page. But I saw enough of a glimpse of him to know that he was going to be a stumbling block for me. His presence seems at first to contradict the creation stories I posted. Also, I began to wonder what the average Ojibwa beleives. Was it a creation dream, or is it all about Nanabozo? I gained the courage to return to the Nanabozo story. I think there is so much there to look at. The more I read about Nanabozo, the more I thought about Christ. So, for the next little while I will try and reconcile my thoughts and beliefs with Nanabozo.

Lord God, when I look at Nanabozo, I cant help but see You. My heart is on fire to see the many ways that You make yourself known to us. Lord God, please take my hand and lead me in truth. Lord God, I am seeing and reading so much stuff, and it is my constant fear that I might stray from You. Yet Lord God, I am continually warmed by Your presence and marvel at Your majesty. Would You bless my journey Lord? Would You teach my heart, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!