Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, May 15, 2009

Another Visit to the Sikh Temple


I went back to the Sikh temple with the intent to "bury the hatchet" I had a lot of pent up shame for how I have viewed some of my brothers and sisters. I also truly beleive that Waheguru, Magnificent Teacher, is in fact Lord God. I felt it was important for me to return and express these feelings at the temple. I left my tears on the temple floor and shared a meal with my new brothers and sisters.

I am not seeking another salvation. I am not seeking another God. I am seeking the way of peace, love and universal brotherhood and seeking a new expression for the love I have inside me. I am seeking to better understand the love God has for all His creation. I am seeking to be a part of that reconcilliation.

While I was there, I got a Sikh prayer bandana just like this one. It is made of orange cheese cloth. I keep it in the glove compartment of my car just in case I find myself in the neighborhood.
When one enters the Sikh temple, one must respect and honor the culture and practice of the people. It does not conflict with my understanding or my feelings about God, so I wear the prayer cap with pride. I am accepted and loved by the Sikh people I have met and I am an expression of their desire for all peoples of the earth to unite in love and universal brotherhood under one almighty creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!