Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Self Proclaimed Tree Hugger


There are tree huggers and there are tree huggers. Both hug the tree, but both have different ideas on how to protect. Both have varying commitments. Both commit in different ways. Yet at the end of the day, both will hug the tree.

There are recognized tree huggers and there are self proclaimed tree huggers. The recognized tree huggers usually wear that as a banner. The self proclaimed tree hugger, sees the importance of hugging the tree, yet does so in a smaller way.

Just because one hugs a tree, it does not necessarily mean that one is a friend of the tree.
That is unfortunate. I like to think that I am a friend to the tree. I bask in its glory. I revel in its beauty. I respect its existence. So where is my outward commitment? Where does the rubber hit the road? Is it good enough for me to say I love the tree and then do nothing to protect it? The answer is no. I need to walk to walk the walk, if I’m going to talk the talk.

So what does that look like? What will be my path of action? I suppose that will be revealed to me in the future, because right now, I am still in the hugging phase.

We found this beautiful red pine in the bush between Eaglerock and Gull Lake in West Temagami. It was truly magnificent! I left some tobacco at the foot of the tree as a sign of thanksgiving. This was asked of me by a native elder. I also gave a quick prayer of thanksgiving for this life and how this life is attached to my own.
My heart is being prepared for action......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!